Wednesday 21 July 2010

Super vets

So it's the summer after my third year and I'm out seeing practice.
This current place is my second placement this summer and it's amazing.
The vets are kind, and considerate, frequently going above and beyond the call of duty, without really ever mentioning it. The nurses are friendly and compassionate. Everyone very genuinely cares very deeply for the animals under their care, and strives to do the very best the can, all the time, every time.
It's the sort of place where if your dog goes in for some dental work, and they notice his claws are over grown, they'll trim them, but not charge you. The sort of place where if you're cat has to stay in some one will always make sure they get plenty of cuddles, and a brush everyday.
They're also very kind and happy to teach me, giving me every possible opportunity safely (today I was guided through a cat castration, and assisted on two big ops on cows to correct twisted stomachs.) quite frankly it's the best supervision and guidance I've ever had. I guess they've been doing it a long time.
But with an upcoming programme on BBC1 tomorrow night, which ahead of time seems likely to be quite unbalanced and sensationalist, I just wanted to put it out there that some vet practices really are fantastic, and often you don't even realise it.
Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment